Saturday, 20 July 2013

Now that's progress!

I am always looking for ways to publicise the things that I do. The thinking behind it all is that new ideas, new material and new contacts can lead to having more to talk about, more to write about, and more to get other people involved with.

Two things have happened this week:

1.  I've been offered a monthly slot on Preston FM 103.2, along with the Editor of "THE PRESTON MAGAZINE," Heather Crook. She also publishes "THE PENWORTHAM MAGAZINE" and the "LOSTOCK HALL MAGAZINE" 

All the magazines are FREE of charge, and available in many shops and other public places.

     We'll be talking about all manner of things that have a local, historical flavour. 

2.   I've been given the chance to write a full page on a weekly basis, for the Lancashire Evening Post 'Retro' section.

In addition to writing about various aspects of my blog:
http://pubsinpreston.blogspot.co.uk

I'm hoping to introduce other features that will possibly encourage others to take an interest in the history of their home town or area.

Whilst the blog restricts its interest to the old borough of Preston, the LEP's readership is far wider, and so I'll be hoping to introduce a county pub or three.

Write to me here if you'd like to be included.

No comments:

Post a Comment