Friday, 12 July 2013

First Night Learning Curve


First night of the talks: The talk about the Old Invincibles on Wednesday 10th was an enjoyable event to present. I just hope it went down well with the audience of just less than 50 who had managed to tear themselves away from their barbecues and sun-loungers!

Obviously I would have been happier if there had been more people present, but I think that this is the first time a series of talks have been offered in this way, so I've got nothing to judge it against.

It isn't easy presenting facts when there is very little, if any, evidence. Ironically, the  inns and taverns that featured in the local press were the ones where there was trouble. The absence of such stories would suggest that the inns that the footballers ran were, by and large, well run.

One or two photographs were taken on the night and will be added to the blog shortly.

I had a half-hour slot on Preston FM 103.2, this morning, when I had the opportunity to explain to listeners about the origins of my blog - http://pubsinpreston.blogspot.co.uk, and how the Talks in the Park were produced as a result of the research behind the blog. Let's hope there were plenty of listeners! Thank you to Will Buckley of Preston FM for giving me the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment